- Ph,D., Counselor Education, University of Louisville, 2007
- Rank 1/Standard Certificate, School Counseling, University of Louisville, 2002
- M.Ed., School Counseling, University of Louisville, 1999
- B.S., Education, University of Louisville, 1992
- Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, University of the Cumberlands
- Dean, School of Education, University of the Cumberlands
- Director of School Counseling, University of the Cumberlands
- Associate Professor, University of the Cumberlands
- President and CEO of Counseling Today, Inc., a professional development, training and curriculum company
- Elementary School Counselor, Jefferson County Kentucky Schools (Minors Lane Elementary)
- Middle School Counselor, Jefferson County Kentucky Schools (Conway Middle)
- Elementary School Counselor, Trimble County Kentucky Schools (Milton Elementary and Bedford)
Licenses and Certifications
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), Certificate Number 291014
- National Certified School Counselor (NCSC), Certificate Number 291014
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA), Kentucky, License Number 172604
- School Counseling, Grades K – 12, Kentucky, Certificate Number 200101957
- School Counseling, Grades K – 8, Kentucky, Certificate Number 200101957
- School Counseling, Grades K – 12, Indiana, License Number 1025407
- Teaching in the Middle Grades 5 – 8, Languages Arts/Math, Kentucky, Certificate Number 200101957
She lives with her husband of 36 years, Robert (Bob) Rose, in Louisville, Kentucky. Bob holds a B.S. in Managment Information Systems from Sullivan University and an MBA from Webster University. He is a US NAVY Veteran and is
in Management at Louisville, Gas and Electric. Their son graduated from Western Kentucky University majoring in Broadcast Communication and minoring in English in May 2009. He completed a Masters of Arts in Teaching at University
of the Cumberlands in May 2012 and is currently teaching English at Seneca High School in Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, KY. Their daughter married Anthony (Tony) Brown on 7-7-07. She graduated from University of
Kentucky in May 2010 with a degree in Elementary Education. She is currently a stay at home Mom for a beautiful and highly intelligent daughter, Olivia Rose Brown, and equally handsome and "scary smart" sons, Noah Anthony Brown
and Samuel Edward Nicoli Brown. Tony graduated from University of Kentucky with a Pharmacy Doctorate and is currently practicing at
Family Health Centers in Louisville, KY.
Presentation Content and Outcomes
- Through seminars and workshops, Dr. Rose guides educators to make significant changes with the ability to take risk, be more flexible, make better choices, and focus on important targets.
- Increased student productivity and achievement
- Motivated students
- Increased attendance and decreased drop-outs
- With counseling programs and educator accountability as key components, student success in all realms of academic, personal/social and career are addressed.
Fuller detail is provided on Dr. Rose's Curriculum Vitae.